Artist Creates Sculptures To Help Pet Parents Heal After Loss – CBS Denver
DENVER (CBS4) – An up and coming Colorado artist is taking sculpting to a new level with life-like recreations of your favorite, four-legged friends. It began as a way to memorialize those pets but soon turned into something different. (credit: CBS) “I saw these supplies and I said, what are those? I want to try those and experiment!” said Joan Cabarrus. Cabarrus, a registered nurse at a long-term care facility, began sculpting for people who had lost pets but quickly began creating for anyone who wanted a sculpture. (credit: CBS) “So I’ve always wanted to help people but I also have the skill the artistic skills and it’s time to apply that in something else. Something bigger.” She was able to pick up a piece of polymer clay and bring a photograph to life; she did it all with no prior sculpting experience. (credit: CBS) Today, business is booming. Cabarrus works one day a week as a nurse and devotes the rest of her time to the pets. “The more I do it, the more ...
Comments
Post a Comment